As dental implants are quickly becoming the standard of care for replacing missing teeth, it is also becoming more and more important to know the facts about this tooth replacement option. Below are some facts about dental implants that may help guide you through your decision to get a dental implant.
- Dental implants integrate and become permanently attached to the jaw bone through a process called osseointegration.
- Dental implants don’t move around the mouth or need to be taken out- they are permanently in place unless taken out by the oral healthcare provider.
- Dental implants should not need to be replaced every so often like other tooth replacement options. They are built to last a lifetime!
- Dental implants don’t require the adjacent teeth to be cut down or reshaped in order to function properly or ‘fit’ in the mouth.
- Dental implants should promote the growth of the bone around the implant as the mouth will believe a natural tooth is in it’s place.
- Dental implants often make people look younger because they preserve the bone in the mouth and jaw, therefore making it less likely for the facial skin to sag around those areas.
- Dental implants tend to have a very high success rate and are frequently thought to be the best treatment option for replacing missing teeth.
- With the placement of dental implants, many patients experienced an improved quality of life- they can eat more easily, experience improvements in their speech, and are generally happier with the look and feel of dental implants over other replacement options.
Your health matters to us. If you have any questions concerning this post, call us at (248) 357-3100 today. We’re always happy to hear from our awesome patients!
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.