Dr. Joseph Nemeth is a world-class periodontist practicing in the Metro Detroit area. While actively participating in periodontal courses internationally, Dr. Nemeth has remained committed to providing exceptional care locally and nationally for over 25 years.
As one of the area’s foremost experts in periodontics, Dr. Nemeth has played a major role in applying innovative technological advances to current periodontal practice. He works tirelessly to maintain a standard of excellence and is dedicated to helping patients enjoy long-term success in their dental comfort, appearance, and function.
Dr. Nemeth is a:
- Michigan Board-Certified Periodontist
- Member of the American Academy of Periodontology
- Member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member of the International Society of Periodontal Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Holistic Dental Association
- The founding member and President of the North American Society of Periodontists
Dr. Nemeth is recognized by his peers as being a leader in the specialty of periodontics. He has been selected as a top dentist by Hour Magazine several times in addition to being personally selected as the Principal Dental Expert for National Public Television’s “In America” Series hosted by James Earl Jones. He has achieved a number of periodontal firsts including:
- Joseph Nemeth was the first Periodontist in the state of Michigan to be trained and certified to offer the Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation procedure
- The first Periodontist in the United States to purchase a dental laser
- The first Periodontist in Michigan to receive the Trios3 for digital impressions
- One of the first Periodontist in Michigan to receive an i-Cat Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System
- The first periodontal practice in Michigan to have received the Formlabs Form 2 3Dprinter to produce bone and tooth models, surgical guides, and more
- He belongs to a small percentage of dental professionals providing the LANAP laser gum treatment and was among the first in the state of Michigan to be certified
You can hear Dr. Nemeth on various news and radio segments speaking about gum disease, cosmetic periodontal procedures, bad breath, and dental technology. Together with his colleague, Dr. Amar Katranji, and a dedicated team of dental hygienists, assistants, and administrative staff, Dr. Nemeth makes you, our patient, top priority.
- Graduated from University of Michigan School of Dentistry
- Completed two years of post-graduate training in Periodontics at New York University
- Assistant Professor of Periodontics at UCLA School of Dentistry
- Previous Chairman of Periodontics at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles
- Previous faculty member at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry, University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, and previously on staff at the Detroit Medical Center